Monday, January 20, 2014

This Is the End

This Is the End (2013)

Directed by Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen

Screen Story and Screenplay by Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen

Based on the short film "Jay and Seth vs. The Apocalypse" by Jason Stone

Stars: Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Craig Robinson and Danny McBride

That's right, bitches. I'm back. I know that it's been a minute and half since I posted a review. My usual burnout. I think from now on, I am going to watch my movies that I want to watch, instead ones that I should watch. Seeing the teaser trailer for this movie was brilliant cause you thought it was going to be something for Pineapple Express 2, but it was for this movie. I have seen plenty of apocalypse movies, this is certainly different.

Everybody is this movie is playing a deviated version of themselves. Jay Barchuel comes back to town to be greeted by Seth Rogen at the airport. They do what they do best; drink, smoke weed, eat and play video games. Seth has an idea to attend James Franco's housewarming party. Everybody that is everybody is there. It is like a Judd Apatow reunion. The problem is that Jay doesn't want to be there. He doesn't like the Hollyweird lifestyle. Something bigger happens, the end of days is happening outside. Jay, Seth, James, Jonah Hill, Craig Robinson and Danny McBride are stuck together in the house while all hell is breaking loose.

I heard ramblings bout this movie when it was released last summer. It was mostly good things. Is this the best comedy of the year? No. There were some moments were I laughed out loud, but they were few and far between. The movie is not bad. If I saw this in the movie theater instead of at home on my TV, I might had a different opinion. My reaction was indifference. The Rogen/Goldberg tropes are wearing a bit thin. I need something different than pot smoking and dick jokes. That's all.

My Rating


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this quite a bit more than you, but this was certainly a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I guess, I was expecting more.

    ReplyDelete