Saturday, March 9, 2013

What's Your Number?

What's Your Number? (2011)

Directed by Mark Mylod

Screenplay by Gabrielle Allan & Jennifer Crittenden

Based on the novel, "20 Times a Lady" by Karyn Bosnak

Stars: Anna Faris, Chris Evans, Ari Graynor, Blythe Danner, Ed Begley Jr, Heather Burns, Eliza Coupe, Kate Simes, Tika Sumpter and Joel McHale

Being that I am home-bound because of a certain eye infection, I need to have something to watch so I chose What's Your Number? I wanted to see a shitty movie with some eye candy. The movie was OnDemand for months now and I chose it. That's basically what it is.

Ally (Faris) is a marketing executive that is canned by her pervy boss, Roger (McHale) that loves her own smells. Trying to find her way in the world, she sees an article in a woman's magazine about the number of sexual partners the average woman has. The average is 10.5. What the fuck is the half? A dwarf? She recounts her partners which was 20. One of her friends suggests that after 20 chances are that she would not get married. She goes on a crusade to track down every guy that she has slept with to see if they were the one that got away.

Let's cut the bullshit here. As with every cookie cutter romantic comedy there a guy in this case the man slut next door neighbor, Colin (Evans) and the romantically challenged girl that they have some contrived instances that will not make them hook up immediately. One person is love with a third person or that they would have some emotional love block. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

You want to know my number? My number is 106. 106 minutes taken from my life. Why waste my time with a movie that everybody and there mama knows that boy and girl are gonna get together at the end? Cut the filler. Watching this movie plot along was excruciating to watch and tedious to my psyche.

Show the audience something different, Hollywood. We are getting fucking bored of the same premise with interchangeable parts.

My Rating


4 comments:

  1. I don't think I could have hated this movie anymore. Not only is it completely tedious like you mentioned, but it essentially condones taking and following advice written in Cosmo. Fuck, I hated this movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie reminded me of How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days meets 27 Dresses. I didn't like them, but it was horribly enjoyable. This movie was not.

      Delete
  2. I remember watching this some time ago just to basically have some "background noise" of sorts. Yeah, not good at all. So cliche and crappy that I cant even recall anything about it other than a sense of making sure it never is on my TV again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It the kind of fluff that Hollywood wants women to fall for so that could crank out more of the same product.

      Delete