Friday, September 9, 2022

Grave

Raw (2016)

Written and directed by Julia Ducournau

Stars: Garance Marillier, Ella Rumpf, Rabah Nait Oufella, Laurent Lucas, and Joana Preiss

Yesterday on Twitter, I saw a discussion about this film. I enjoy body horror movies and I wanted to check this out. Um... yeah. I needed more.

Justine (Marillier) is starting veterinary school where is a different environment than under the protection of her parents. Certain rituals at the school makes Justine question her morals like her being a vegetarian, where has the sudden taste for human flesh.

I was expecting a lot more with this movie. A new called "Raw", I wanted to be grossed out or something. There were great scenes of body horror, but they were few and far between.

There were scenes in this movie that didn't make scene. The ending reveal was supposed to be for shock value. When you think about it, it doesn't make sense nor character choices that happen in the beginning of the movie.

I want to fix this movie with Justine and Alexia go batshit crazy with the flesh eating. Be ravenous. Make them crave it until it reaches a point of no return. Something. The movie lacked any depth for me to recommend it anyone.

Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment