Monday, September 26, 2022

Weekly Viewing Recap

365 Days: I tried to watch this dreck again. I cannot do it. A grown man kidnapping a woman to make her fall in love with him, because he saw a version of her in a dream. No, thank you. Misogyny and Stockholm's Syndrome. DNF.

The Imitation Game: BPN Catch Up. I've heard of the story in what happened to Alan Turing. I enjoyed the movie for what it was. Was it historically accurate? No. 8/10

Jojo Rabbit: Another BPN Catch Up. I was not offended with the movie. It was trying to be a satire about blind worshiping a tyrannical figure. The movie was boring as hell. It was not funny. It made not like Taika Waititi. He won Best Adapted Screenplay for this. Oof. 4/10

Goodnight Mommy: An unnecessary remake of an Austrian film that has a better premise. The trailer made the film looks bonkers. It was not campy. It was a slog in murky waters, a lazy plot and a twist that makes you scratch your head. 5/10

Crazy Rich Asians: Hearing good things about the movie. I wanted for over the top opulence. Nonsense gowns, fascinators, bling everywhere. It was nice. Most of the characters were fucking assholes to the main girl, Rachel. Well, damn. 7/10

Widows: I tried to watch this American movie remake of a 2002 miniseries of a British movie from 1983. None of the characters were likable and I checked out of the movie quickly. DNF

Eat With Me: I thought the main guy was Conrad Ricamora. Nope, it was not him. It's a fluffy direct to Netflix movie about a struggling restaurant owner who tries to save his place from closing with the help of his mother. 5/10

The Star: I saw clips of the movie thought that Bette Davis was going to a sassy broad. She was, but the plot dragged along. Davis' character thought about herself and her failing career. Very repetitive. 6/10

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Rewatch. Haven't seen the movie in 20 years. I enjoyed it, because the excessive wire work air running and the unnecessary subplot at the middle of the movie dropped my rating from a 9 to an 8/10.

Gravity: Another BPN Catch Up. I never thought I would be engrossed in a movie about an astronaut trying to come home from a disastrous space walk. 10/10

Cobra Kai (Season 5): Seeing spoilers of the new season, I had to binge watch the latest season. It was enjoyable for the most part with Terry Silver taking over the dojos. Chozen was awesome. The last episode was DARK. The problem is that there too many characters now. The show is following 15 instead of 7. 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment