Monday, September 19, 2022

Review Catch Up

Hello to the fives of you reading this, I'm getting a little burned out writing full length reviews. I'm going to give short reviews weekly until I feel better to make longer reviews again.

Here are the movies that I watched last week:

Her: As part of my BP Movie Catch Up series. I thought the concept of the movie was nice, but then I got really bored. 4/10

Purple Hearts: Heard the controversy with this movie. Yeah, it tries to Nicholas Sparks, but failing on every single level. A right wing soldier and a "liberal" singer/songwriter. Yeah, no. 3/10

Rewatched Everything Everywhere All at Once. I love the movie bumped up my rating from 9 to 10/10. Favorite movie of the year as of this writing.

Hidden Figures: BP Catch Up. I really liked the movie. It seems that the screenwriters made the dialogue too "feel good" that as no one would say that. I didn't get why Octavia Spencer was nominated over Taraji. 7/10

Promising Young Woman: BP Catch Up. I didn't hear much about the movie. I thought it was something completely different. I understood that it was a satire about gender politics, but the main character's obsession with revenge hampered my enjoyment of it. 7/10

mother!: Wanted to finish watching Darren Aronofsky's filmography. The allegory is the film was obvious. Hitting you over the head with it. 6/10

Noah: The last movie of Aronofsky's movie. I'm familiar was some stories of the bible, but when did the Earth have rock monsters. I was bored. 4/10

Leave Her to Heaven: Gene Tierney gave a performance in this movie. The story overall was lackluster and boring. 3/10

Barbarian: I need to stop getting my hopes up with movies people praise on Twitter. Another boring movie with a disjointed plot. 1/10

The Invitation: This was like Get Out with a female lead. I guess it was a factor for me enjoying the movie for what it was. 7/10

The Woman King: The controversy with the movie is warranted, but it addressed through the film. It is history accurate? No. Is it entertaining as hell? Absolutely. It was bogged down with a soap opera subplot and pointless romance. 8/10

The Night House: This spooky psychological thriller fucks with your head. I was with it until the last twenty minutes were it lost me. 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment