Monday, October 3, 2022

Weekly Review Wrapup

Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris: This seemed like a feel good movie. The plot made no sense. The clothes were fabulous. That what kept me watching. 6/10

Judas and the Black Messiah: BPN Catch Up. Watching this and BlacKkKlansman close together made me not enjoy this movie. It was a head scratcher that LaKeith Stanfield was nominated for Supporting Actor. 6/10

Blonde: I have never hated a movie so much and I did with this. I don't understand who was this movie made for. It is not a biopic. Was it supposed to be a character study about abuse, sexual assault and anti-abortion? Terrible film. 1/10

Niagara: To wash the taste of that movie out of my mouth. I wanted to visit some MM movies. This noir film was not much of one. It was a thriller with a botched murder. I wished that Rose's motive was more clear. 6/10

The Misfits: Being Clark Gable and Marilyn Monroe's last full length features, it was nice note to go out on. It's about for unlikely people hanging out. I didn't understand the relationship with Gay and Rosyln. The last thirty minutes were strange. 7/10

The Asphalt Jungle: Monroe has a very small part in this crime noir. The caper was fine. I thought Sterling Hayden delivery was wooden. Sam Jaffe was the only reason to keep watching it. 6/10

Little Women (2019): Another BPN Catch Up. This is the first time that I have watched one of these movies. I liked the movie. The narrative felt a bit choppy. I didn't know if I was in mid-Civil or post-Civil War, except for Jo's hair. 7/10

Hocus Pocus 2: Was there need for a sequel? No. Is this Disney's way of needlessly rebooting long dormant franchises? Yes. 5/10

Imitation of Life (1959): Being that this was Douglas Sirk's last feature length film, he went out on a good note. The central conflict of movie dragged on. I understood, but it felt one note. 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment