Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Weekly Rewind

This weekly rewind is going to be combing two weeks of movie watching. The holidays and moving. It's craziness around here. Buckle up, buttercup.

The Northman (rewatch): I haven't seen the movie since the beginning of the year. I did not know that this story was the basis of Hamlet. I still enjoyed it. Bloody, muscley men naked. Yep. 9/10

The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special: After a sleepless night, I watch this special. Zoe Saldana was probably busy with filming five Avatar sequels. I liked the special even though Chris Pratt is getting on my last nerves. 7/10

Cannibal Holocaust: This is supposed to be the most controversial movie ever. This movie is disgusting to watch. It is very bad. The acting was awful. The shock factor wore off, then the movie became a boring slog. 2/10

Avatar (rewatch): I have not seen this movie since I saw it in theaters. I think I was bamboozled with the visuals and seeing it in 3D. The story is not great. Imperialism and a White Savior story line is not a good look. 7/10

Moulin Rouge! (rewatch): Seeing that Elvis is getting a lot of Best Picture nominations, I wanted the revisit this movie to see if I had rose colored glasses on. Turns out that I did not. I love the movie. Does it have problems? Yes. Having the actor sing live. Mistake. The last act of the movie took a turn. 8/10

Matteo Lane: The Advice Special: It was a nice fluffy comedy special on Lane's YouTube channel. We never knew what happened to that first guy who having sex with his married super. Oh, well. 7/10

Glass Onion (rewatch): Watching the movie on Netflix. I love it as much as I did in the theater. 10/10

Empire of Light: I could not care less about a movie so much as this. Don't fuck your co-workers. 4/10

The Holiday Sitter: This is a cute Christmas movie with gay leads. There is some cringe dialogue here, but it was nice to see that the gays were not treated like zoo animals. 7/10

Must Love Christmas: Here is the typical Christmas movie. A shitty one. Holy fuck. I hated the male lead so much. I did want the couple to get together. Fuck this movie. 1/10

The Noel Diary: This is a real movie about Christmas. Well, the movie was based on a book.There is that. Adoption, broken families. It's not a fluffy movie, but I appreciate the effort in making something different. 6/10

White Christmas: This is a holiday classic. Never seen it. The movie is a bit too saccharine for me. The movie felt long. It was two hours, but the pacing was killing me. I stopped paying attention in the last thirty minutes. 5/10

Holiday Inn: I have heard about this movie. I also heard about an unfortunate sequence of blackface for the Abraham Lincoln's birthday celebration. Other than that, I enjoyed the movie. I wonder if the stage musical changed that in subsequent revivals. 8/10

Christmas Bloody Christmas: I wanted to see a Christmas horror movie. Oh, boy. I hated this movie so much. There was a shit ton of cuss words. It was overflowing with them. Fuck this, fuck that... The movie was not good. It was like a computer AI mixed The Terminator, Chopping Mall and Krampus into a blender and spat out the script to this. 2/10

Silent Night: I wanted to end Christmas with a dark comedy. This movie was not for me. I watched twenty minutes of it and shut it off to go bed. DNF

No comments:

Post a Comment