Saturday, April 9, 2022

All the Old Knives

All the Old Knives (2022)
 

Directed by Janus Metz

Screenplay by Olen Steinhauer

Based on his book of the same name

Stars: Chris Pine, Thandiwe Newton, Laurence Fishburne, Jonathan Pryce, Ahd Kamel, Jonjo O'Neill and David Dawson

The trailer of this movie intrigued me to watch it. I thought it was going to be a thrilling, spy movie, but it was not that at all.

The bare bones plot is that two former agents and lovers, Henry and Celia (Pine, Newton) reunite after eight years to have a long, drawn out discussion about the circumstances of a botched mission of a hijacked plane.

Most of the movie takes place in a restaurant where to two discuss in excruciating detail about the whereabouts, who said what to who, blah, blah, blah.

I looked at the movie wall eyed. I could not believe what I was seeing. I was bored to tears. I knew there was going to be some reveal that would piss me off. When the reveal happened, I was thinking, "What is the fucking point of this movie?" It doesn't make sense in a theatrical sense. The writer of the book wrote the screenplay. There is a difference between a book and a movie. There was a disconnect from the beginning. The movie should have been a short film in my eyes. This movie was a long commercial with the beauty shots and lenses flares galore.

I want to wipe my mind with this movie. Watch the trailer. Don't watch this movie.


Rating: 2/10


 

No comments:

Post a Comment