Monday, April 11, 2022

The Lighthouse

The Lighthouse (2019)

Directed by Robert Eggers

Screenplay by Robert Eggers & Max Eggers

Stars: Robert Pattinson, Willem Dafoe, Valeriia Karaman and Logan Hawkes

When a director is touted as "visionary", I am worried about them getting a lot of credit for the bare minimum. Since I wanted to see The Northman, I wanted to check out Eggers second feature. 

I heard people say that this was a horror film. Horror where? This is a duet scene going on for almost two hours. I understand that the underlying message is about a guys decent into madness. Cool. I have seen much better movies about psychosis.

Pattinson and Dafoe give solid performances in this movie. The film as a whole is not great in my opinion. I kept asking myself, "What is the point of this film? What is that ending? Was the whole movie a mirage?" I don't know.

 

Rating: 4/10


No comments:

Post a Comment