Sunday, April 10, 2022

The Kid

The Kid (1921)

Written and directed by Charlie Chaplin

Stars: Charlie Chaplin, Jackie Coogan, Edna Purviance, Carl Miller, Edward Biby and B.F. Blinn

I am not as well versed with Charlie Chaplin movies as other movie lovers. I have been expanding my scope of looking at films from different eras. The only movie I have seen of Chaplin's was City Lights. I cried at the end of that movie. 

The plot of this movie is a young mother (Purviance) abandons her baby as she dealing with a breakup. The baby is picked up by The Tramp (Chaplin). The Tramp raises this kid as his own.

I have seen a handful of silent movies. I know that you see their lips moving and a dialogue card does not pop out. That happened a few times in this movie. Not a single word of dialogue was said, but you understood what was happening to the characters as their lives intersect.

The bond between The Tramp and the kid, John (Coogan) were the backbone of this movie.


Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment