Saturday, April 30, 2022

Everything Everywhere All at Once

Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022)

Written and directed by Dan Kwan and Daniel Scheinert

Stars: Michelle Yeoh, Ke Huy Quan, Stephanie Hsu, James Hong,  Tallie Medel, Jenny Slate, Harry Shum Jr, and Jaime Lee Curtis

This movie was not on my radar to see this year. Film twitter was buzzing about it. Thank you, twitterverse for the recommendation.

Evelyn (Yeoh), a seemingly ordinary woman is thrust into a world where there are multiple universe that have one common denominator, Evelyn. She doesn't believe that that there are other universes out there until the ultimate jumper, Joy (Hsu) tries to destroy her.

I didn't know what to expect with the movie. It was like being on an acid trip or watching a sequence of a Doctor Strange movie. I was strapped in and enjoyed the ride. What was happening with this movie? Sausage fingers, a black bagel, butt plugs and usual triggers for jumps. I laughed. I got emotional. I was creeped out. It was sensory overload.

The one thing that irked me was the exposition. The Waymond (Quan) character spouted A LOT of exposition about multiverses and jumps to Evelyn.


Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment