Sunday, May 1, 2022

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent (2022)

Directed by Tom Gormican

Screenplay by Tom Gormican & Kevin Etten

Stars: Nicolas Cage, Pedro Pascal, Tiffany Haddish, Sharon Horgan, Neil Patrick Harris, Ike Barinholtz, Lily Mo Sheen, and Alessandra Mastronardi

People were singing the praises of the movie since it came out. I wanted to see what the fuss was about. I don't get it. Did we see the same movie?

This is fictionalized version of Nick Cage who is caught up with a crazed super fan, Javi (Pascal). Two agents, Vivan and Martin (Haddish, Barinholtz) recruit Nick Cage to help them, because they think that Javi is a dangerous arms dealer that might have kidnapped a president's daughter.

I went into this movie blind. I was surprised that this movie was supposed to be a comedy. I do not laugh once at this movie. I was bored. I was drifting off to sleep watching it. I did not care to pay attention to the movie.

Am I missing something? This movie irritated me. Was it Nicolas Cage and his Nick Cage-isms? Probably. Was it the being a secret agent plot that was okay? Maybe. The movie did not feel authentic to me.

The only saving grace with the movie was a couple of scenes with Nick Cage and Javi vibing.


Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment