Sunday, May 29, 2022

The Naked Kiss

 The Naked Kiss (1964)

Written and directed by Samuel Fuller

Stars: Constance Towers, Anthony Eisley, Michael Dante, Virginia Grey, Betty Bronson, Patsy Kelly, and Marie Devereux

 A YouTube channel that I follow called MovieBitches recommended this movie recently. I saw the name Constance Towers. She looked familiar. I knew her from General Hospital as the fabulous Helena Cassidine. I knew that I was going to have a good time with this movie.

A former prostitute, Kelly (Towers) is trying to start a new life in a small town. She befriends a detective, Griff (Eisley) that tries to help her integrate in the neighborhood. Slowly but surely secrets begin to bubble to the surface. The town shows its true colors.

I am not familiar with Sam Fuller movies. I heard that they were B movies that got away with subjects that would be taboo at the time to be discussed.

I was blown away by this movie. I thought that Towers were phenomenal as Kelly. She chewed up the scenery. The opening sequence of the movie took me by surprise. The ending of the movie was a gag.

I would highly recommend this movie if you love pulpy B movies that have something to say.

 

Rating: 10/10


No comments:

Post a Comment