Saturday, October 29, 2022

Review Rewind

I did it. I have finished my Best Picture Nominee blog-a-thon. It has been a journey. Sixty movies. That's a lot. I saw some great movie and terrible ones. I'm glad that I did it.

The Trial of the Chicago 7: I was confused because I thought this movie was about The Central Park Five. Oops. Anyway, the movie was perfectly fine. I think Aaron Sorkin has the tendency of stretching historical facts so much that you have to call it out when you watch the film. 6/10

Bridge of Spies:I could not be less interested in a movie. I didn't hate the movie, but it didn't need to be 2.5 hours long. Did Mark Rylance deserve the Oscar? No. Plain and simple. 5/10

Philomena: This movie broke my heart. The beginning of the movie was shaky. Diving deeper into the film, I was enthralled. Judi Dench was magnificent. Truly. I would see it again. 9/10

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close: The hate that I have for this movie is immeasurable. It's one of those emotionally manipulative movies that comes out during the holiday season. This movie was nominated for Oscars. Why? 1/10

Captain Phillips: If anybody followed the story of what happened to ship that boarded by Somali pirates, this movie would be incredibly boring. I knew the story. I knew the outcome. 6/10

Joker: This movie made me uncomfortable. Dealing with a character's mental illness and depression hit too close to home. The violence is graphic, but not gratuitous. 7/10

Roma: A story about a maid in Mexico City. She went through a lot in the movie. I never heard of Mixtec before this movie. 7/10

The Grand Budapest Hotel: I am not the biggest fan Wes Anderson movies. The quirky doesn't vibe with me. It had moments of that. I wish the structure of the story was more cohesive. There were a lot of characters. Taking place during three different time periods. Hearing the word "faggot" in the film made me recoil. 5/10

American Hustle: I purposely put this movie last, because DOR is a horrible human being. Do a quick goggle search. You'll see. This movie looked good. The wigs... the wigs were something. Jen Lawrence was crying... a lot. Not my vibe. 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment