Sunday, November 27, 2022

Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery

Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (2022)

Written and directed by Rian Johnson

Stars: Daniel Craig, Edward Norton, Janelle Monáe, Kathryn Han, Leslie Odom Jr, Madelyn Cline, Jessica Henwick, Kate Hudson, and Dave Bautista

To complete the trilogy of lambasting the affluent people of the world, there is this movie. I enjoyed Knives Out, but I had some problems with the politics discussed in it. I was looking forward to this movie, because I loved a good whodunit.

Benoit Blanc (Craig) is invited to an exclusive weekend in Greece, thrown by the powerful mogul, Miles Brom (Norton). Brom gathered a governor; Claire (Hahn), a Twitch personality; Duke (Bautista), an scientist; Lionel (Odom Jr), fashion desinger; Birdie (Hudson) and an unexpected guest; Andi (Monáe). A murder mystery weekend that turns into an actual murder.

Seeing the previous movie would let you mind go rapid fire with theories. Nothing will be as it seems. Knowing that Blanc is gay is clearly apparent in the movie with neckerchief and choice of swimming attire. Was Phillip (Hugh Grant) his partner? Unclear.

I heard rumblings about Janelle Monáe's performance. Holy shit. She went in. Her facial expressions. The way she carried herself. It was a treat to see.

I want more of these. Give me more. I will gobble them up.

Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment