Monday, November 21, 2022

She Said

She Said (2022)

Directed by Maria Schrader

Screenplay by Rebecca Lenkiewicz

Based on the New York Times investigation by Jodi Kantor & Megan Twohey & Rebecca Corbett, and the book, "She Said" by Jodi Kantor & Megan Twohey

Stars: Zoe Kazan, Carey Mulligan, Patricia Clarkson, Andre Braugher, Jennifer Ehle, Angela Yeoh, Irwin Reiter, Samantha Morton and Ashley Judd

I knew about the sexual harassment allegations against Harvey Weinstein from Ronan Farrow and his exposé for the The New Yorker. I did not know that there was another article that came out at the exact same time. It was eye opening to see this version of events.

The New York Times have were publishing articles about figures that had sexual harassment allegations against them like Bill O'Reilly and a certain former disgraced president that I will never name. Jodi Kantor (Kazan) and Megan Twohey (Mulligan) get a tip that Weinstein had a pattern of harassment, abuse, rape and paying the women off to silence them. They will use all means to break Hollywood's dirty open secret wide open.

It's so strange that the events of the movie happened five years ago. It is crazy how to the national conversation has changed since then. I know this movie is going to be compared to Spotlight. I would not blame you. Both movies deal with reporters meticulously writing a story of the utmost importance. An article that will change the world.

There have been buzz with this movie. I can see it. I felt that most of the performances were lacking. The only standouts for me were Morton and Judd. I feel that the movie is going to be forgotten, because the events happened recently.

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment