Sunday, November 6, 2022

Review Rewind

 It's nice to enjoy watching movies again without reviewing every single movie that I have seen. These movies were intersperse between my previous reviews.

Sleepaway Camp: This is second re-watch of the movie this year. Every viewing I see something different that I didn't pick up on. This is a bad movie, but it's so bad that it turns out to be amazing. 10/10

X: After I watched Pearl, I wanted to revisit this movie. I hated the name last time, because the situations were very cliched. This time I kind of let my logical mind go. I liked the movie more of this latest viewing. My original score was 2. Now, it's 7/10.

Bringing Up Baby: I wanted to see the movie where Cary Grant was in a robe. It was this movie. It's not a laugh out loud funny. Katharine Hepburn's got too annoying for me with her running and rapid-fire ling delivery. 7/10

Bros: Another re-watch. I loved this comedy as much as I initially reviewed it. Still hate the steroid section. 9/10

Auntie Mame: Holy shit. What took me so long to watch this movie? Mame is so fabulous. Rosalind Russell gave it her all in this movie. I loved it. The only knocks I will give it is the middle section and the length of the movie. 2.5 hours. 9/10

Heartstopper (Season 1): After the whole "queerbaiting" accusations and Kit Connor forced coming out, I wanted to watch the series. Some "fans" of the show are missing the point of themes entirely. Nobody should have to tell a damn thing. You don't anyone an explanation about yourself. It sucks that this happened. It's stilling happening in 2022. I enjoyed the series, but I had a few problems with character motivations in the middle of the season. Any queer person or ally should see this show. 8.5/10

Roman Holiday: This movie was on my watch list for the longest time. I thought I was going to be enthralled with it, but I wasn't. The movie was boring. Didn't care about the romance. It was meh. I heard somebody say if you didn't appreciate this, you are a cynic. Yes. Yes, I am. 5/10

The Great Lie: I saw this movie a lot on Instagram. If you look up melodrama in the dictionary, this movie will be there. It's like a soap opera with a nonsense plot and uninteresting characters. I stopped paying attention to it and did another things while it was still going. 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment