Wednesday, August 17, 2022

B.A.D. Movie of the Week: 200 M.P.H.

200 M.P.H. (2011)

Directed by Cole S. McKay

Screenplay by Thunder Levin

Stars: Jaz Martin, Hennely Jimenez, AnnaMaria Demara, Zedrick Restauro, Jared Kahn, Janet Tracy Keijser, Darren Anthony Thomas, Paul Logan, and Tommy Nash

This movie was mentioned in a bad movie reddit group as one of the worst movies ever. I could not find the movie for the longest time. Then, I saw a Squatch commercial on YouTube with Paul Logan. I looked at this IMDb and saw that he was in this movie. I have an app called PopcornFlix that had the movie. Serendipity. I'd rather watch movie again than this.

In the world of illegal street racing, Rick (Martin) witnesses his brother, Tommy (Nash) die in a car crash racing Kayce (Anthony). Rick makes it his mission to exact revenge on Kayce by pimping his ride with the help of Kelly (Jimenez), Phong (Restauro), and Albert (Kahn).

Is this worst movie I have seen? No. The movie is awful. 

It's a Fast and Furious knockoff with the most boring street racing scenes that I have ever seen. Well, the live action ones. Oh, yes. There are horrendously rendered CGI car chases in this. I thought my eyes were deceiving me when I saw the first one. It happened with every car chase. They barely went over 80. 200 was not an achievement unlocked. 

The acting is abysmal across the board. The weird slow motion and speed-up shots were unnecessary. If you have epilepsy, do not watch this movie. This should have been called "Toxic Masculinity: The Movie."

Rating: 1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment