Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Six Shooter

Six Shooter (2004)

Written and directed by Martin McDonagh

Stars: Brendan Gleeson, Rúaidhrí Conroy, David Wilmot, Aisling O'Sullivan, Gary Lydon, Domhnall Gleeson, and David Murray

When I looked on Martin McDonagh's IMDb, I learned that he won an Oscar for this short film in 2005. I guess, I wanted to be director completionist. This was uploaded to YouTube by Fox Searchlight. I have thoughts.

Donnelly (Gleeson) learned that his wife died early that morning. Reeling from the news, he boards the train back to the Dublin and meets Kid (Conroy), a miserable bastard of a person that annoys everyone on the train.

I understand that McDonagh's movies are going to be black comedies. They are not going to deviate from that. Cool. This movie is not my jam. The biggest problem of the movie is Kid. He was fucking annoying the shit out of me. It's understandable that McDonagh's characters are not gonna be great people. Kid is probably his worst character to date. Sorry. I said what I said.

Rating: 4/10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment