Sunday, August 7, 2022

Predator

Predator (1987)

Directed by John McTiernan

Screenplay by Jim Thomas & John Thomas

Stars: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Carl Weathers, Bill Duke, Jesse Ventura, Sonny Landham, Shane Black, Richard Chaves, Elpidia Carrillo, R.G. Armstrong, and Kevin Peter Hall

It has been long time since I have seen this movie. With Prey coming out, I wanted to revisit this to see if I liked it. This has not aged well.

A group of commandos lead by Dutch (Schwarzenegger) are tasked to extract a cabinet administrator from guerillas in a Central American jungle. When they get to the jungle, the team realize that they are being stalked by something out of this world.

This movie was made for men. Big guns, explosions, blood, guts and being men. It seemed that I blocked most of the movie from my brain. Watching the movie again, I see the lapse in logic to the commandos and for the Predator.

Being that the movie was released in the 80s, the visual effects were the biggest problem. Sometimes I could see the Predator when its falling supposedly cloaked. The infrared effects held up, but the other effects were not good.

While watching this, I thought that this movie was a spiritual sequel to Commando. Big muscle guy with a big motherfucking gun and warpaint plows bad guys down.

Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment