Thursday, July 14, 2022

Chopping Mall

Chopping Mall (1986)

Directed by Jim Wynorski

Screenplay by Jim Wynorski & Steve Mitchell

Stars: Kelli Maroney, Tony O'Dell, Russell Todd, Karrie Emerson, Barbara Crampton, Nick Segal, John Terlesky, and Suzee Slater

I have heard people talking about this movie. I went into it completely cold. Holy shitballs. The movie is not good, but I love the schlock.

The Park Plaza 2000 Shopping Center has implemented a security system to have curb theft after hours. On the same night the system was supposed to launch a freak lightning storm blows out the transformer that controls the Protector 101 Series Robot makes them into Killbots.

A bunch of young mall employees have the brilliant idea of having an after hours sex party at the furniture store the guys work. Human meets machine.

I love cheesy horror movies. This is my jam. Does the story make sense? Hell, no. Why does a mall need robots? Get security guards. Why are are you hanging out after hours at the mall? You're gonna use the place that you work at to have have sex? With other people in the room? Sure.

The movie is the definition of turn off your brain and enjoy the ride. I want to reiterate. This is not a good movie, but I have a shit eating grin on my face.

Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment