Wednesday, July 13, 2022

The Dressmaker

The Dressmaker (2015)

Directed by Jocelyn Moorhouse

Screenplay by Jocelyn Moorhouse & P.J. Hogan

Based on the novel by Rosalie Ham

Stars: Kate Winslet, Liam Hemsworth, Judy Davis, Hugo Weaving, Julia Blake, James Mackay, Sarah Snook, Rebecca Gibney, Sacha Horler, Shane Bourne, Alison Stewart, Kerry Fox, and Gyton Grantley

This movie has been talked about for years since its debut. The costumes and that famous gif from this movie. You know the one. How many ways can I that I adore this movie?

The aforementioned dressmaker, Tilly Dunnage (Winslet) comes back to her hometown of Dungatar after over twenty of exile. Tilly has a feeling that something sinister was happening in the town. Even though, she was accused of killing a schoolmate. She does everything is her power to find out the truth.

Can I say that I love the costumes of these movie? It takes place in 1951 Australia and I was gagging. The eye candy was all around. I am not talking about Liam Hemsworth being objectified. I felt like Hugo Weaving's character. The clothing was so good.

The townspeople worked as an ensemble. I knew that secrets were gonna come out.

Winslet was magnetic in this role. Judy Davis as her mother was the biggest transformation in the movie.

There were beats in the movie that tugged on my heart. I cannot praise this movie enough.

Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment