Sunday, June 19, 2022

Adam & Steve

Adam & Steve (2005)

Written and directed by Craig Chester

Stars: Craig Chester, Malcolm Gets, Parker Posey, Chris Kattan and Sally Kirkland

If the fives of you have been following along, when I hate a movie, I would watch a movie that I would like. This movie is one of those. I watched this movie so many times.

Hilarity ensues when a lonely birdwatcher Adam (Chester) meets a handsome psychiatrist, Steve (Gets). They start dating each other, but they have a past they don't know about.

When I was first out, I gravitated to this movie like a moth to a flame. Starting this movie, I had a feeling that it would not age well. Most movies from the early 2000s usually are. Yep. It didn't age that well. One character being a misogynistic asshole. The homophobic language made me cringe.

The best part of this movie is Parker Posey as Adam's best friend, Rhonda. She is fabulous. She elevates a piece of shit into a diamond.

Is this a good movie? No. It's fun, mindless entertainment.

Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment