Friday, June 10, 2022

Sleepaway Camp

Sleepaway Camp (1983)

Written and directed by Robert Hiltzik

Stars: Felissa Rose, Jonathan Tiersten, Christopher Collet, Karen Fields, Katherine Kamhi, Paul DeAngelo, Mike Kellin and Desiree Gould

To wash the taste of Everybody's Talking About Jaime out of my mouth, I wanted to revisit a movie that I knew I was gonna to love. I saw this movie about two years ago. I thought it was going to be a typical terrible movie, but this is different.

The film focuses on Angela (Rose), a shy girl along with her foul-mouthed cousin, Ricky (Tiersten) go to a camp, Camp Arawak for the summer. You think everything is fine until campers start dying.

I was so surprised that the movie was not spoiled for me before I had the chance to watch it. When you first watch the movie, you would think that it was just a bad movie. There is so much subtext that you don't see on your first viewing. Subsequent viewing would make you appreciate what is being unsaid.

You think you know what is going to happen, but wait until the end of the movie. It has one of the best ending ever. You will lose your mind. I try to spread the word of this movie over twitter every chance I get.

It's a terrible masterpiece.

Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment