Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Pride Month Movie - Day One: Jongens

Boys (2014) 

Directed by Mischa Kamp

Screenplay by Chris Westendorp & Jaap-Peter Enderle 

Stars: Gijs Blom, Ko Zandvliet, Jonas Smulders, Ton Kas, Stijn Taverne, Myron Wouts and Ferdi Stofmeel

To celebrate Pride Month, I wanted to watch a movie under the LGBTQIA+ umbrella. I was looking the Rotten Tomatoes ratings of the best of the genre and I came up with this movie. A Dutch TV movie from 2014.

This is a coming of age story about a track athlete, Sieger (Blom) trying to keep his burgeoning feelings for his fellow teammate, Marc (Zandvliet) at bay.

It is a sweet story. The pacing of the movie was a bit off, because you can feel the commercial breaks were in.

I understood that Sieger was so deep in the closet that he almost got lost. I was praying that Marc would not get back together with Sieger. He treated Sieger like shit. The ending of the movie was not earned in my eyes.


Rating: 6.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment