Friday, June 10, 2022

Pride Month Movie - Day Ten: Everybody's Talking About Jamie

Everybody's Talking About Jamie (2021)

Directed by Jonathan Butterell

Co-directed by Dan Gillespie Sells and Tom MacRae

Screenplay by Tom MacRae

Based on the stage musical by Jonathan Butterell & Dan Gillespie Sells and Tom MacRae

Stars: Max Harwood, Lauren Patel, Sarah Lancashire, Richard E. Grant, Sharon Horgan, Samuel Bottomley, Shobna Gulati and Ralph Ineson

There were rumblings about the stage musical that was a big hit in the West End. This movie was not on my radar, because it was one of many musicals that were coming out last year. I should have trusted my first instinct.

Jaime (Harwood) is a 16-year-old that has a dream of being a drag queen.

Excuse me, my lack of enthusiasm with this movie. I have a lot of thoughts. I wanted to watch a movie that was fun and whimsical. I thought this was it. The songs do not propel the story forward. It was more of a full stop. The sound mixing was muddled.

This movie reminds me of Love, Simon. A story with a protagonist that is an awful person. I did not like Jaime. I wondered why was the musical so popular in the UK. I don't see it.

Rating: 2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment