Monday, June 27, 2022

Pride Month Movie - Day Twenty Seven: My Beautiful Laundrette

My Beautiful Laundrette (1985)

Directed by Stephen Frears

Screenplay by Hanif Kureishi 

Stars: Gordon Warnecke, Daniel Day-Lewis, Roshan Seth, Derrick Branche, Saeed Jaffrey, and Shirley Anne Field

When I was doing this blog-a-thon, people were suggesting that I watch this movie. I don't see what the big fuss is about.

Omar (Warnecke) is a Pakistani young man taking care of his ailing Papa (Seth). One day, his wealthy uncle Nassar (Jaffrey) gives him a laundromat. Omar has an idea to transform the laundromat with his old childhood friend, Johnny (Day-Lewis).

This movie was not what I thought it was going to be. In my eyes, all of the characters are awful people. Most of Omar's family treated him like shit. Why do people love this movie?

The score. I hated the score by Stanley Myers and Hans Zimmer. What the fuck is up with the water droplets? Why? For the love of all that is holy. I can't. I can't with this movie. Sorry, not sorry.

Rating: 1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment