Thursday, June 16, 2022

Pride Month Movie - Day Sixteen: Freier Fall

Free Fall (2013)

Directed by Stephan Lacant

Story by Cooky Ziesche

Screenplay by Stephan Lacant & Karsten Dahlem 

Stars: Hanno Koffler, Max Riemelt, Katharina Schüttler, Attila Borlan, Stephanie Schönfeld, Oliver Bröcker, Luis Lamprecht and Maren Kroymann

I was looking at the movie poster. I saw the name Max Riemelt. Something triggered in my brain. I know that name. Turns out he was part of the cast of Sense8. I thought that I was gonna like the movie. I was wrong.

A soon-to-be father, Marc (Koffler) meets Kay (Riemelt) during police academy orientation. They begin have an affair.

I have never had a movie that made me so angry as this movie has. Were Marc and Kay supposed to be rivals-to-lovers? I didn't see that. The film made Kay the aggressor. A stalker. He was everywhere Marc is and I don't like that. I don't see the connection between them. It seems they have to, because the screenplay told them. No chemistry. 

Kay is not a good person. He basically assaults Marc in the woods. He keeps showing up at family nights or his police department. I don't get it. Marc fucks Kay with no preparation or anything. What the hell is happening? My brain shut down. I mute the movie and eventually, stopped it altogether.

 Rating: 1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment